About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 21, 2023

Healing

In terms of taking it easier on my leg I have been moderately successful. I have avoided stairs by sending the boys to courier items so that I don't have to put the strain through my angry limb. I still logged more steps than I planned but last night my leg wasn't nearly as angry. I am going to continue to keep my walking and activity to a minimum because I really want my leg to completely heal, but I don't feel the angry reminders of an ill-fitting socket with every step.

Today is a rare occasion when I don't have to drive or go anywhere. I'm going to be able to stay seated most of the day (with the exception of taking care of the boys and the Friend), allowing even more time for my limb to heal. While my leg continues to heal, I'm still working on obtaining a new socket.

My insurance company is fighting the new socket simply because denials are now part of the insurance process. Having to re-prove my limb loss and my need for a prosthesis is a colossal waste of time and resources. At some point within my lifetime I hope that I see true insurance reform. In the meantime, I will continue to fight and to play their game.


No comments:

Post a Comment