About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, September 05, 2023

Laborless Labor Day

 Another Labor Day has come and gone. As a child I never enjoyed the holiday mainly because it heralded the beginning of a new school year. As I'm an adult I have learned to detest the holiday for the same reason. This year the kids started school two weeks before Labor Day, nullifying the association that has so long ago been established in my mind. 

After a 48 years of approaching the holiday with the Back-to-School anxiety and stress, this year I was able to actually relax on Labor Day. We slept in, lounged around the house and went out for a nice family lunch. Afterwards we all came home and watched movies for the rest of the day. It was simply too hot to go outside, especially since I didn't get a pool this year.  

With a rather enjoyable Labor Day in the books, we are beginning another week of school. Robby's enrichment classes begin this week, so this will be the first run at a new school schedule. I will be spending a lot more time driving this year, but I am trying to remind myself that I am also going to be afforded a lot of quiet and quality time with Robby. I hope to make the most of it before he leaves for school next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment