About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 08, 2023

Resuming Driving

 After months of waiting, today Robby resumes his extracurricular classes. To describe him as excited would be an understatement. He has his satchel packed with items that he acquired during his summer adventure in NOLA as well as the miniatures he has been making. (I can't remember the last time he packed for something in advance.) He has definitely missed his friends and his teachers.

Robby is ecstatic to be resuming his classes, but I have to admit that I'm less enthusiastic. This year his classes, which have historically all been held on Fridays, have been split between Friday and Monday. Instead of driving him to and fro once a week, this year I will drive him twice. It is going to be a lot of driving! 

I'm not looking forward to the chaos of adding another obligation to my schedule, but I am excited about the extended alone time with Robby. He talks to me when we are driving, sharing ideas and his thoughts. I know next year he will be away at school so I am going to try my best to just enjoy every drive with him. Next year my schedule will be considerably lighter and I will probably miss the hectic hustle.

No comments:

Post a Comment