About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 14, 2026

Meetings

Traditionally, the professional development and the back-to-school festivities that confront teachers when returning to the new school term are necessary but mind-numbingly boring. I was pleasantly surprised that yesterday's convocation was both brief and informative. I can appreciate a quick two-hour informative meeting, especially when I know that an 8-hour version exists.

After the meetings I went to connect with some schools and sent emails to my students and families. Reaching out to my families was, without a doubt, the best part of my day. Each replied enthusiastically with promises of sharing adventures from the summer. At this point, I wish I could fast forward the clock and have the students return today. Sadly, I will need to wait until next Thursday.

Today will be spent connecting with schools and trying to locate my student's teachers. After work Scott has an appointment with his cardiologist. While medical appointments always cause him a lot of anxiety, I am looking forward to it. I suspect a change in cholesterol medication will be prescribed, which will hopefully help lower his numbers even more.

 

Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment