Yesterday was the first official day back at work for school personnel, myself included. Before heading to my base school I sent an email, asking for a status of my contract. I did not hear anything, so I went to work. I either have a job, or I'm working for free and nobody is noticing. (Hopefully the situation has been settled and informing me is of little consequence and was forgotten.)
My first day back was uneventful. Because I cannot really build my schedule until the kids are settled, I spent my time helping a new teacher understand the students on her caseload. As I was helping her understand the files as was as her new role with the students, I was left with one overwhelming feeling. I am so very glad I am no longer a teacher.
While I still work within the schools, the responsibilities of teachers are vastly different than mine. I attend meetings, I do not have to organize and run the event. In my humble opinion, I have the best job in the county. I get the perks of working with amazing students while avoiding a majority of the pitfalls associated with education.
Unfortunately I cannot miss all the icky parts. Today my schedule is packed with 'back to school' meetings. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment