About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, July 08, 2019

BumbleBee Jungle Gym

Friday we surprised Timmy with a trip to one of his favorite kid places. He loves going to the BumbleBee Jungle Gym ( our nickname because of the colorful bee logo and decor) and he always has a blast running, sliding, climbing and playing for hours. We don't visit to the BumbleBee Jungle Gym often because it is rather pricey and they don't offer punch card options, so it is always a treat when he gets to go. 

Timmy loves the BumbleBee Jungle Gym, but it is not my favorite. I resent being nickeled and dimed in the quest to allow my child to pay. The playground charges "extra" for everything, including for parent admission. Even though I wasn't planning to climb or slide, I was forced to pay an additional $6.95 to supervise. Since children are not permitted without a parent, I resent the fee and it always sticks in my craw every time I have to pay. 

While I was steaming about the fees, Timmy was running and having a blast with new buddies. He played for nearly four hours, leaving me satisfied that we had at least gotten a decent return on our money. By the time we left he was a sweaty and exhausted little mess.

The rest of the weekend was relatively low-key. It was too hot and muggy to spend a lot of time outside. Instead we played inside, watched cartoons and worked on some arts and crafts.  Scott and I were finally able to catch up on laundry from our trip, and everything is now officially unpacked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment