About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Ice Cream Trail

When the Cousin Crew learned that Pennsylvania had created an ice cream trail they immediately wanted to accept the challenge. Visiting five our of the thirteen slots earns each participant a t-shirt, but completing the challenge with all stamps garners both a t-shirt and a collectible ice cream bowl. Without any hesitation, the Crew vowed to go for the bowl, and our summer ice cream challenge was born.  

Last evening the 12 remaining ice cream stores were carefully plotted on a map. While they are not necessarily close, I think we create a sweeping route to get a few at a time. It's a good thing they like ice cream because they will be eating a lot of it!

In addition to starting the ice cream trail, I took the Cousin Crew bowling. It turns out that Timmy is the best bowler in the group, which doesn't really surprise me. I am looking forward to enrolling him in sports soon, I think he will have a blast. Timmy is shockingly strong for his small frame and he has always been dead accurate with a ball.  Even when the bumpers and ramp were removed, his ball often went straight down the alley towards the center pin. (His celebration dance was adorable!)




No comments:

Post a Comment