About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, November 18, 2019

Changing Plans

My festive weekend plans didn't quite pan out as I expected. Of course, I should be used to monkey wrenches changing my plans by now. Planning ahead is always iffy, especially when kids are involved.

Timmy wasn't feeling great, which was expected. Although he handles it like a trooper, his infusions always leave him feeling lethargic and uncomfortable. I spent the wee hours of Saturday morning rubbing Timmy's legs to try to relieve the cramping that was causing him to cry. He finally fell asleep, which was a relief for both of us.

Even though he wasn't his normal mischievous self, we were able to take him to see the fireworks on Saturday night. Because of the cold and his fatigue, we ended up watching them from the car. Timmy was awestruck by the magical display in the sky. The view was fantastic, and we were able to stay warm. It was definitely a win-win for everybody. 

Sunday morning was spent at the walk-in medical clinic with Robby. My Koopa woke up with a high fever and a sore throat. By the time we returned home Timmy was on the couch, complaining of a headache. Both kids were sick and dealing with fevers.

Going to the display walk was immediately nixed, but thankfully I was able to find a recipient for the tickets. I felt good knowing that our tickets were going to good use, even though we were disappointed to not be able to attend ourselves.  Hopefully, everybody will be on the mend soon so we can try to regain our holiday spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment