About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Convalescence

With Robby on the mend, yesterday was dedicated to schoolwork. He is determined to create enough of a buffer between assignments so that he doesn't have to worry about school during Thanksgiving week. At the rate he is going, I think he is going to make his self-imposed goal.

While Robby was busy with schoolwork, Timmy and I worked on crafts and mastering his letters. My little Hamlet is like a sponge, soaking up as much information as possible. I took a leap of faith and signed him up for some classes next month. Hopefully, he remains healthy enough to attend and to participate. I know that he will be in his element!

Although I hate seeing the boys sick, I'm trying to acknowledge the silver-lining. Since they were both sick and unable to do much beyond watch television and YouTube, I was able to continue my ankle convalescence. For the first time in nearly a month, my ankle no longer hurts when I bend and walk. It feels wonderful to experience the complete absence of pain.

It looks like I'll be tackling Black Friday pain free!

No comments:

Post a Comment