About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, June 01, 2020

Exhausted Weekend

A 14th birthday, a pandemic, riots across the country and a rocket launch. My goodness this weekend was eventful. I'm starting a new week feeling frazzled and emotionally spent from the events from the past three days. My heart aches this morning.

Despite all of the growing tensions and the pandemic, Robby had a fantastic birthday. He spent the day at home, enjoying being doted upon and receiving calls from all of his friends. We showered him with attention and love, treating him like a king for the day. It is hard to believe that my little Koopa is now a full blown teenager, but I could not be prouder of the young man he is becoming.  

Each evening Scott and I found ourselves glued to the television, watching the riots raging across the country. I am scared and heartbroken. We are at a cross roads in this country and I pray that we, collectively, chose the correct path. I fear what we will become if our course is not corrected.  



No comments:

Post a Comment