About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Happy Visit

My Mom, niece and nephews have been dutifully quarantining for the past month in the hopes of sparking a reunion. Yesterday, after consulting with Timmy's doctors, we were finally granted permission to visit. I wish I had videoed Timmy's reaction when I asked him if he was ready to go visit his Nana. His squeals and giggles of joys are something I hope to never forget.

We packed up and headed North in what felt like record time. Both boys were so excited about our trip that they chatted and planned adventures the entire drive. I kept reminding Robby and Timmy, and finally the entire Cousin Crew, that while we were cleared to be together the quarantine is still in effect. 

We are not going anywhere. There are no getaway adventures. There will be no trips to the mall or for ice cream. We are able to be together which, right now, is more than enough. 

This morning I am waking up at my Mom's house. Timmy is happily eating a blueberry muffin in my Nana's bed, grinning from ear-to-ear. Although I went to bed at 10, I know that the Cousin Crew was up for most of the night because I heard them laughing into the wee hours of the morning.  Somehow, waking up to sounds of laughter doesn't bother me right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment