About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, June 04, 2020

Hope

Our first full day the Cousin Crew, Quarantine Edition was a rousing success.  All of the kids know that we can't travel beyond Nana's neighborhood, and that we cannot invite neighbors and friends into the social circle right now. Instead of complaining about being "stuck" at home, they filled the time with games and sharing stories.  

Listening to teenage laughter and Timmy's giggling makes my heart feel better. In a world full of extreme chaos, listening to the Cousin Crew talk and play gives me increased hope for the future. These kids have zero tolerance for racism and racial exclusion. They make me so proud!


No comments:

Post a Comment