About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 24, 2021

Swimming Success

After years of dreaming, months of planning and hours of YouTube videos, our new pool is sitting intact and level on our driveway. I can't wait to get it filled with water and to start swimming with the boys. While I still don't think the location is ideal (I would have preferred the backyard), marriage is about compromise and it wasn't worth the battle. I'm simply delighted that we finally have a pool!

The weather wasn't ideal for set-up. It was humid and 92 degrees. While it was obscenely hot for installing a pool, it would have been perfect for swimming. As we were all sweating and red faced, it was easy to keep our eyes on the goal.

Contrary to other home projects, this one progressed rather smoothly. We all worked together on the task and there were minimal complaints. It was nice having the kids so involved with the set-up process. Timmy carefully laid out the pieces around the perimeter while Robby helped us with the heavier tasks. By the time we were done, everybody was proud (and tired) after a job well done!

Now we just wait for the pool water to be delivered. I can't wait! This is going to be an amazing summer.




No comments:

Post a Comment