About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Farm Adventures

 The rain finally ended, leaving us with soggy ground and cooler temperatures. In other words, no swimming for us (again). Instead of splashing in the pool, we headed to the farm to play and to pick up our CSA weekly haul. 

Even though we weren't swimming, it felt wonderful to disconnect and to be outside for a few hours. My moods are so driven by the weather. After too many consecutive days inside, I begin to feel antsy and sad. Spending the afternoon in the sunshine with the boys was exactly what I needed to recenter.

Thankfully my phantom pain lifted as soon as the rain clouds blew away. Although I was sore and tired, I was able to keep up with my little explorer. A solid night's sleep and I feel like a new woman today. Here's hoping it is a great day!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment