About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Rainy Day Phantom Pain

 Bleh.  I am so tired of rain. I feel like the universe is laughing at us every time another drop of rain falls into our pool. 

The storms last night were strong enough to bring hail and downed branches. Thankfully only a few leaves fell into the pool. We worried about the water level (again) so I ran out between storms to run the siphon. Who would have thought that having a little above ground pool would be so stressful!

Not only does the rain ruin our pool time, but it is wreaking havoc on my leg. Nights have been plagued by phantom pain, leaving me both groggy and grumpy. I try to not take my phantom frustrations out on the boys, but when I am limping around it is hard to keep smiling.

Hopefully the weather will break. I want to swim, and I want the rain induced pain to go away. This stinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment