About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, August 05, 2021

Jet Boat!

Yesterday we continued our adventure by taking a jet boat ride through the rapids. Because I'm prone to feeling seasick, I'm not a huge fan of water sports. I knew that the kids really wanted to do this activity, so I swung by the drugstore on the way to the dock. I didn't want anything to interfere with our fun.

My goodness they had a great time. The big kids were able to secure the best spot on the boat. They were up front, tackling the waves at the head of the boat. Timmy and I were in the back (he couldn't sit up front because he was too little). 

Even though we were in the back, we had a great time. Timmy giggled and cheered throughout the boat ride, egging on the rapids with jeers like "you've got nothing on us wavy" and "is that all you have wavy" with each bump and splash. Even the people sitting next to us enjoyed his enthusiasm.

After the exciting boat ride, we went to the Hard Rock Cafe for an early dinner. The Cousin Crew really wanted to go to the Hard Rock and were excited to check it off their bucket list. They were excited to look at all the memorabilia and to experience what they believe to be an iconic experience. 

All good things must come to an end, and today we are packing up from our adventure and heading home. Even though we are leaving, I know that we created memories that will last a lifetime. The kids will always remember this trip, and I hope that they will always smile when reminiscing on these past few days. 









No comments:

Post a Comment