About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Sore and Old

Just as I was getting used to the beautiful weather, Mother Nature decided to throw me a curve ball. Yesterday was dreary, ruining our plans to play at the farm in the afternoon. Instead Timmy and I returned to our standard indoor recess activity of dancing in the kitchen. Thank goodness our house is settled back from others because I'm sure the near constant stream of "The Floor is Lava" would annoy the neighbors.

I don't think I hurt my leg dancing, but at some point I annoyed my limb. My leg was sore last night, making it difficult to sleep. It wasn't phantom pain (thank goodness), instead I experienced regular "I am getting old" discomfort. It was still miserable, but not as frustrating.

I am still sore this morning. Although I'm able to walk, I definitely have a more pronounced limp. Hopefully my leg will sort itself out as the day goes on because walking with an altered gait will quickly lead to back problems. 

Getting old stinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment