About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, September 27, 2021

Tires and the Tank Farm

After what feels like weeks of rain, we were treated to an amazing weekend. The weather was ideal, with blue skies and a bright sun. Saturday morning Robby and I packed up, said goodbye for the day and headed to the Tank Farm.

Luck was not on our side. As I pulled into the gas station en route to the event, I realized that we had a flat tire. It wasn't just low on air. It was completely deflated. I immediately saw the cause- a large screw that had embedded into the tread of my relatively new tire.

Sitting next to the air pump at the gas station, I was completely out of my comfort zone. I am embarrassed to admit that I did not know how to change a tire. Thankfully we were relatively close to home, so I called Scott for help.

Trying to look on the positive side, now Robby and I both know how to change a tire! I hated the experience, but I am glad that we both learned a new skill. I was relieved that our tire could be plugged and, within an hour, we were back to normal. The frustration of the tire fiasco forced Robby and I to reschedule our adventure to Sunday.

Sunday morning we woke up and headed to the Tank Farm. I continue to be amazed by Robby's knowledge of military history and equipment. He knew as much, and in some circumstances more, than the reenactors. He was definitely in his element. 

Today we are back to school and work. It looks like the beautiful weather will be with us for awhile, so we will definitely have an extended recess. I'm looking forward to playing outside and soaking up as much autumn as possible.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment