About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Chafing

 Well, I didn't receive my new leg yesterday. Instead my socket was wrapped in plaster and reinforced so that I could continue to use it until my new one is fabricated. I have an appointment on Monday, so fingers crossed I only have a few more days to wait. At this point, I've given up the illusion of hope. I've been waiting so long that the disappointment is reminiscent of the movie Groundhog Day!

My mended socket is stronger but it is also heavier. The plaster wrapped all the way up to the top added more weight than I anticipated. It feels like I'm walking with a weight strapped around my ankle. Not only is it heavier, but because the tape is all the way to the brim, my skin is starting to chafe. I am going to have to come up with a fix soon or my skin will be rubbed raw behind my knee. 

I know that I will be happy when I am walking in my definitive leg, but in the meantime I am frustrated and tired of the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment