About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Cracked

So much for routines! After one day back to "normal," Scott is home again today due to the weather. Or rather, due to the weather forecast. We were supposed to get snow and ice but Mother Nature disagreed and provided us with only a cold rain. 

With everybody in the house clear from Covid, I spent yesterday making phone calls and trying to schedule appointments that have been put on hold. The first on my list was to my prosthetist. My fall last week caused my socket to crack. Over the past few days, the crack has grown in size and depth. 

My socket is now completely cracked about three inches down the front. I wrapped it with Gorilla Tape to keep to keep the pieces together until I can get a new one, which has worked so far but I know it is not a long term solution. I hope that a new socket will be ready tomorrow because I am weary about going into the weekend relying upon tape for my mobility. 

I worry with every step that the socket might completely fail, leaving me on the ground and stranded. Sometimes I hate relying upon plastic, carbon fiber and titanium for mobility!


No comments:

Post a Comment