About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, January 21, 2022

Worn out

Today is one of those days where I could happily stay under the covers and hibernate from the world. I'm not sick, I'm just exhausted. The past few weeks have worn me down and tired me to my core. I know that so many are feeling similar strains, so my sharing is more of an acknowledgement than a complaint. 

If you are feeling overwhelmed and worn out, you are not alone. It is so natural to take care of everybody and everything else. Unfortunately, I feel like I have left nothing to take care of myself. That has to change, and I'm going to start today.

I'm going to carve out at least an hour everyday to relax and to do something that I enjoy. Not something that has to be done, and not something that is required. I want to sit on the couch and watch a movie without constantly hitting pause to answer questions, to find lost items or to prepare snacks for other people. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment