About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Ice Ice Ice

 Our beautiful blanket of fluffy white snow is now covered with a thick layer of ice. The yard looks beautiful, but it is also treacherous. Everything is slick and walking beyond the front door is difficult. I love the snow, but I abhor ice.

Even Friend, who normally loves to be outside, has been content to stay inside by the fire. When he does go outside (usually under duress) he has learned to stay within the flower beds by the front of our house. The one time he ventured into the yard he ended up slipping and sliding down the hill on his belly. 

The temperatures are supposed to warm today so hopefully the ice will melt. Until then, I am staying home and staying inside (as much as possible). Ice is dangerous for everybody, but I am especially vulnerable to slipping and falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment