About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Caught Up

After working for hours without a break, my nephew was able to get caught up on his missing assignments. I think he was surprised that his "fun" Aunt Peggy could turn into such a strict teacher without missing a beat. I was proud of him and how hard he worked to finish his assignments without complaint or delay. Hopefully he will take the opportunity of being caught up and turn over a new leaf with his study habits.

With my goal of getting him caught up achieved, Timmy, Friend and I packed up and headed home. Yesterday it was lightly raining all day, but that didn't keep us inside. Despite being February, it felt more like April outside. Timmy and Friend thoroughly enjoyed playing in the warm raindrops, and I was happy to enjoy the temperature and fresh air.

Today is another drizzly day. I'm sure we will go outside, but I know it won't be as enjoyable for me as it was yesterday. The soft rain has slowly transformed my yard into a mud pit. I went outside to walk Friend this morning and almost immediately slipped on the mud. Thankfully I caught myself before falling, but I have learned my lesson. Today, I will stick to the concrete and asphalt.

No comments:

Post a Comment