About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, February 25, 2022

Passport and Rain

 Our passport appointment was surprisingly smooth. With so much in the news about the disorganization of the USPS, we were expecting delays and issues during our appointment. Instead we were pleasantly surprised when we were taken on time, dealt with quickly and out of the building within 20 minutes. Now we just have to wait for the passport to arrive for Robby to be ready for his big trip this summer.

I'm so glad that Robby and Scott are excited for their big European adventure this summer. With so much negative news, it is nice to have some authentic anticipation and happiness in our home. My only worry is that the state of the world (whether it be the pandemic or military unrest) will keep them from their trip. Neither of those issues are within my control, so I am trying to release that anxiety so I can simply enjoy the preparations.

The weather is miserable today. We have gone from nearly 80 degree temperatures on Wednesday to freezing rain and ice this morning. My leg has felt the impact of the wild fluctuations. I have been feeling the twinges that always accompany a new weather front. Hopefully the weather will stabilize soon, because this is not comfortable.

I can take some solace in the fact that Friend is nearly as miserable as me. He hates the cold rain and protests spending any time outside. His little legs go stiff and he refuses to move whenever he becomes wet. It's adorable, but not conducive for house training.

This weekend will be spent working and trying to avoid the news. My heart is breaking for Ukraine and those who have loved ones in the conflict. I wish there was something I could do to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment