About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, April 25, 2022

Birthday Celebrations to Remember

 What a wonderful celebratory weekend!  

On Saturday we headed to my Mom's big 75th birthday party. We held her party in an old-fashioned railroad card that was converted into a restaurant. The venue was a lot of fun, which was one of her party requests. Even though it was busy and, at times frustrating to play, the party was a rousing success.

Saturday was the first time that our extended family has been together since Covid. I am so grateful that everybody was willing to make the drive to spend the afternoon celebrating my Mom. I know that she felt both loved and special, which was the purpose of her party. 

Saturday was spent celebrating my Mom, but Sunday was all about Timmy. It is hard to believe that my little Hamlet is now 8 years old! After several low-key Covid birthdays, I was determined that this year would be special. 

Robby and his cousins spent Saturday night completely decorating my Mom's house for Timmy's birthday. They hung numerous streamers, banners and balloons throughout the house. When Timmy awoke on Sunday, he was utterly gobsmacked by the festive transformation. He was completely overwhelmed by the effort.

In the late morning the Cousin Crew, my mom and my sister all piled into cars and drove to Medieval Times. The big cousins knew the destination, but Timmy was completely in the dark. He just knew that he was going on a Birthday Cousin Crew Adventure. 

My little guy had the time of his life at the show. He was knighted and his name was announced to the crowd. When the battles start, he was on the edge of his seat the entire time. He cheered so loudly with his cousins that his voice was hoarse for the rest of the day! 

At one point, in an effort to shake things up a bit, I thought it would be fun to start a chant of "Kill the Queen" during the joust. The kids, and some of the crowd behind me, quickly joined the fun. My sister was absolutely mortified, which simply added to the cousins' enjoyment of the chant.  

We finished the day with a spaghetti and meatball dinner, ice cream cake for dessert. Today we are headed back home where we will celebrate Timmy's birthday part 2. (Scott went home after my Mom's party on Saturday so he did not see Timmy.)

What a fantastic and wonderful weekend!














 

No comments:

Post a Comment