About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 23, 2022

Sick Ward

 My weekend was as anticipated. Everybody, except for me, was in a different stage of Covid. So far, I have managed to survive completely unscathed. Mom-Immunity for the win!

Robby is feeling better. His fever has dissipated and his cough is lessening. He is feeling worn down, but that is to be expected after a week of fevers and a minimal appetite. It will take him a few weeks to regain his strength, but he is definitely on the path to recovery.

Timmy is a few days behind his brother, but I believe he has also turned the corner. He felt ill over the weekend, with his worst days being Friday and Saturday. By Sunday his fever was lowering and his appetite was improving.

Unfortunately, Scott seems to be several days behind the boys. He felt crummy all weekend, but it wasn't until yesterday that the headache, cough and fever developed. I hope that he doesn't fall into the depths of Covid, but I'm not terribly optimistic. Considering his close proximity to numerous infection sources, I think we both know how the next few days will play out. Hopefully it won't be as bad as his bout this January.

Between taking care of everybody, I didn't really do anything exciting or even fun over the weekend. I did get a lot of work done, so I am starting the new week feeling accomplished. This week we are supposed to get new gutters and a new roof, so I am expecting numerous interruptions throughout the days. I'm not looking forward to the noise and the mess, but it will feel wonderful to not have to worry about rain storms!

No comments:

Post a Comment