About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 27, 2022

Picnic Fun

 The boys had an amazing time at the end of the school year picnic. Robby immediately separated from us to hang out with his friends. Timmy, not knowing any of the kids, was a bit shy. He stuck to me until the games started. I encouraged him to join his age group for games and, although he was scared and I had to stay within eye sight the whole time, he finally agreed. 

After about 5 minutes of playing I could see Timmy begin to relax. After 10 minutes he was smiling and laughing. By the time the games were over he was busy playing and chatting with new friends. He spent the rest of the picnic playing on the playground with the kids, fitting in as if he had known them forever.

The news the past few days has been heart wrenching. I think that an afternoon of playing and giggling was what we all needed to reset. I know I sure did!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment