About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, May 26, 2022

Unplugging

I have made the decision to turn off the news when the kids are awake. Timmy became upset after hearing some of the reports. Yesterday morning he asked me, "Momom, if I go to school next year and somebody kills me, will Friend meet me in heaven when he crosses over the Rainbow Bridge?"  My heart shattered at his query. No child should have to have those concerns!

Today I am going to unplug as we spend the afternoon at Robby's end-of-the-year picnic. This is the first year that we are able to attend and everybody is excited. The weather is gorgeous and I am looking forward to just having fun for a few hours. I think we all need it.

While we are at the picnic, Scott will be busy with his last official day of school. This time next year he will be walking out of the building for the final time. It is so hard to believe that next year will be his final year in the classroom. This summer marks his final summer vacation as a teacher. Needless to say, he has already begun the countdown.

Hug your kids today.

No comments:

Post a Comment