About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Adjusting

 I am proud of how well Robby has adjusted to the school schedule. He complains in the morning (I have yet to meet a teen who enjoys waking up) but he quickly gets to work. He has invested several hours working on his schedule and planning his semester projects. This is the first time that we haven't felt overwhelmed at the start of a semester. (I certainly hope this trend continues.)

While Robby has been busy working on his assignments, Timmy is enjoying his final week of summer. Unfortunately the weather was miserable for the past few days, forcing us to stay inside. Undeterred, he transformed his bottom bunk into a fort, complete with a small refrigerator and a disco ball. He has been happy to initiate everybody into his new club. 

We had our first heavy rain since we waterproofed the chimney. Scott and I were both anxious throughout the storm, staring at the typical leaky spots. To our relief the ceiling remained dry. We remain cautiously optimistic that we fixed the problem. More storms are forecast throughout today, so I guess we will have an definitive answer.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment