About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 01, 2022

Changing the Trajectory

One phone call can change the trajectory of your entire week.

Monday night we learned that my brother was in a hospital in Austin. Jae has been complaining about strong pains his leg for awhile. His complaints were dismissed and rationalized by his lifestyle. The pain intensified to such a degree that he was transported by ambulance to the hospital.  

After several days of no contact, my mom began to work the phones to locate him. A mother's intuition is rarely wrong! By the time Jae was located he had endured three surgeries for blood clots in his leg and was scheduled for more. My mom immediately began to pack her bags while my sister and I worked the internet to arrange her travel. 

This morning my mom is waking up in Austin and I am preparing to go to Pennsylvania to assume dog sitting responsibilities.  We are hoping to get more information when she is able to connect directly with his medical team.  Please hold my mom and my brother in your thoughts.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment