About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 02, 2022

Long Weekend

After numerous surgeries, my brother is recovering from a leg bypass. The doctors are optimistic that the bypass was successful. He remains in a lot of pain, but we are hopeful that he will recover. I'm comforted knowing that my mom was able to travel to be with him during this scary time.

With Scott already having a month in the classroom under his belt I have to keep reminding myself that we were still in the throws of summer. Labor Day weekend used to herald the beginning of a new school year. With the boys starting the school year earlier than ever, this year Labor Day feels out-of-place. 

Of course, I am happy for the four day weekend that Scott is able to enjoy. It will be nice having him home for a few days before we kick back into gear. Have a great holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment