About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Phantom Pain Returns

 Ouch!

Today is going to be rough. Last night I experienced a bout of phantom and nerve pain that lasted into the early hours of the morning. My leg was stinging and kicking for hours. None of my usual tricks helped significantly despite all of my efforts. I kept trying to alleviate the pain, but time was the only variable that helped. Unfortunately, time moves very slowly in the middle of the night.

It didn't take me long to realize that I was in for a difficult night. In order for Scott to sleep I ended up moving to the couch before midnight. From my perch on the couch I just tried to remain as comfortable as possible while I waited for the pain to subside. Talk about feeling helpless!

I worry my lack of sleep will impact my entire day. I have a large pot of coffee brewing and I'm hoping it will be enough to get through the day. Working and being a mom doesn't stop because of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment