About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 03, 2023

Return to Normal

Ready or not, today we return to reality. A lengthy and relaxing vacation has come to an end and everybody returns to their work/school schedule this morning. I know that it is going to be a jolt to their systems and that I will have tired and grumpy boys around the dinner table tonight. I also know that their return will herald a period of less work, less chaos and fewer disruptions for me. (I am working hard to keep my enthusiasm in check around them.)

It is going to take until next week for everybody to be fully adjusted to their schedules. Nice breaks are wonderful, but it is also difficult to resume the routine when you are able to put it down for several weeks. In reality, my ability to relax won't happen until they are all acclimated to their routines. Fingers crossed it won't take long- I need a little break!

No comments:

Post a Comment