About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, January 02, 2023

New Year 2023

 Happy New Year!

We didn't do anything grand to cheer in 2023. Robby, who was playing D&D, was the only one who was awake when the clocked ticked to midnight. (If a good night sleep is a sign of good luck, 2023 is going to be a treat.) I was delighted that our neighbors, who recently lit the woods ablaze for a second time, withheld celebratory fireworks. From both safety and sound perspectives, they made a wide decision.

Yesterday we puttered around the house, putting together some Christmas gifts and stowing the rest of the decorations. This was the first year in a long time that I did not travel to PA for the New Year. I missed seeing everybody, but it was also nice to completely relax at home. 

Unlike other years, I am not making a resolution for 2023. Looking ahead I can see some looming obstacles that I know will be challenging. My goal this year is to keep moving forward and to get through everything life throws at me. This year, I am scared that life is going to force change upon me. I don't need to add the pressure of trying to change myself too.

No comments:

Post a Comment