About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Driving

I was drained by the time I went to bed last night but I made it through the afternoon unscathed. The first full day back after being ill is always the true measure of recovery. I am not operating at 100% but, thankfully, I can still get a lot done puttering along at a manageable 80%. Hopefully each day I will continue to feel better, stronger and with a clearer head. The COVID fog this time was intense!

Although I would have preferred to step back into our routine that was not an option. Robby had his Compass class scheduled and needed to be ferried to and from the school. His enthusiasm and excitement for Compass days definitely helps to buffer any driving frustrations I may feel. Whenever I feel frustrated or frazzled by the drive I actively remind myself that I will miss the time together when he goes to school next year. 

I am waking up this morning feeling even better. By the end of the week I should be back to 100% which is perfect because it will be Halloween weekend! Looking at our yard decorations, it is easy to see that we have dropped the ball this season. I suppose I'll have to make amends with our Christmas decorations.


No comments:

Post a Comment