About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, October 26, 2023

Trick-or-Treating

 Everybody seems to be healthy which is good because it is Halloween (season)! 

Despite Halloween occurring next Tuesday, tonight is trick-or-treat night in my Mom's area. I've always tried to take the boys to trick-or-treat in Pennsylvania with their cousins. I love seeing everybody excited and dressed for the holiday (and I know my Mom does as well) and, let's face it, you can't go wrong with double the candy. So, this afternoon we are throwing our schedules out the window and we are heading to Pennsylvania to keep our trick-or-treat tradition alive.  

If having COVID had any benefits, it was that I was afforded the opportunity to keep my leg off and for my limb to completely heal. While my leg is still entirely too large and ill-fitting, I am able to pad enough to be functional and quasi-comfortable. The little blisters that had formed have completely healed and I have resumed my long walks with Friend. If history is any measure, I will put my leg to the test tonight. 

Happy (early) Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment