About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, November 27, 2023

Pop-Up Shop

Thanksgiving flew by in a moment. I had an amazing holiday week at my Mom's house. I thoroughly enjoyed just hanging out and helping her get ready for the Thanksgiving party. We were busy and it was chaotic, but it certainly wouldn't feel like the holidays if everything were calm and quiet. 

For the first time since Covid my Mom hosted the entire family. It was wonderful to see all of my cousins again. I hate that it has been so long! Timmy was particularly enthralled by meeting his cousin who is also 9. (They had met previously but it was too long ago for memories to have been formed.) The pair sat around their own little table for dinner and happily chatted about McDonalds and french fries. He was delighted to have a "secret cousin" who is his age and who also shares his love for all things potato. 

After Thanksgiving our attention turned to FlexyFriends. Scott and I spent Black Friday at the Francis Scott Key Mall selling FlexyFriends at our little pop-up shop. On Saturday Scott retrieved the kids from my Mom and returned to Virginia to get them settled while I stayed at the shop. On Sunday I worked the shop by myself. It was a little difficult packing everything up by myself but I got it done!

Today everybody returns to their normal schedule. After a week of fun and family adventures, it is going to be hard to get back into the routine. Have a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment