About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Tree

As anticipated yesterday was busy and chaotic. After nearly a week of vacation, the boys found it difficult to harness the motivation to return to the grind. I can't say I blame them. I find concentrating throughout the month of December to be difficult. I suppose I resemble a puppy looking at a squirrel when I see twinkly Christmas lights.

After school I had the boys help put up our Christmas tree. Unlike every other year, we did not cut it down ourselves. Last year the experience was beyond miserable because of the endless complaining and bickering.  By the time the tree was felled and dragged to the baler I swore I would never cut down a Christmas tree again. I meant it!

While I told them that I ordered a Christmas tree online, I don't think that they believed me until FedEx drop up with a 9' box.  I've never done a mail order live cut Christmas tree but I am a fan of the experience. The shape, color, fullness and aroma are all amazing. I am a little disappointed in the height (or lack of it) because I am accustomed to 12' trees. By comparison, 7' feels tiny. 

Today the tree will be lit and decorated. It is beginning to feel (and smell) a lot like Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment