About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, April 30, 2021

Aligners

After weeks of waiting, Robby's aligners arrived yesterday. He has been self-conscious about the gap between his front teeth for years, although he only revealed his insecurities recently. I've always found his gap adorable and charming, but if it is something that bothers him we wanted to help him find a solution. After lots of research and consultations, we opted to go with the invisible liners treatment option.

Over Easter break he had a 3-d scan of his teeth and mouth captured and sent to the lab. Yesterday afternoon, after nearly a month, his aligners finally arrived. He was excited to open the box and get started.

Unfortunately, his excitement waned as soon as he felt the discomfort of the aligners. Similar to braces and other orthodontic treatments, Invisible aligner treatment is not pain-free. As his teeth are gently shifted into a new position, his mouth will be sore. I am hoping that the discomfort is short lived, because my Koopa was miserable last night. 

In four months, Robby should have a brand new smile. My goodness I am going to miss his little gap. But I'm certainly looking forward to him feeling more confident. It will be nice to have him smile (for real) in photos again!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment