About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, April 26, 2021

Celebration Saturday

Between Timmy's birthday and Robby's performance, Saturday we were in full-blown celebration mode. Friday even was hectic as I prepped and prepared for the birthday/ performance party. Between cleaning and decorating the house and wrapping presents, I was exhausted by the time I finally went to bed. Even though I was tuckered out, my efforts were worth it when I saw the smile on Timmy's face when he woke up on Saturday.

My sweet little Hamlet thoroughly enjoyed his 7th birthday. He was surrounded by love and completely spoiled throughout the day. Between enjoying his favorite meals, ripping through a small mountain of presents and spending time with his Nana, I don't think he could have asked for a better day. 

Even though it was Timmy's birthday, I wanted to make sure that Robby's band performance was not overlooked. He worked hard for the past few months and deserved to shine on stage. I was so glad that my Mom made it down for the show. I know that having her in the audience meant a lot to him. 

Looking around my house Saturday night, it was impossible to tell that I had spent the previous night cleaning. Bits of wrapping paper, decorations and toys littered my previously clean floors. I spent most of Sunday uncluttering my house from the celebrations on Saturday. 







No comments:

Post a Comment