About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Butterflies

Yesterday we had another exciting day in our house. Two of Timmy's caterpillars popped out of their cocoons, stretching their wings for the first time. I was making dinner at the time when I noticed the cocoons start to shake on their perch. I called out Timmy, and we were able to watch the miracle of butterfly "birth."

Timmy was amazed as he watched the butterflies emerge. I wish I had a video, because his offering encouragement to the butterflies was absolutely adorable. "Come on little guy. You can do it. I believe in you. Stretch the wing a little bit more. I know you can do it. Yay! You are born. Happy Birthday Butterfly."  He then followed his coaching by serenading his butterflies with a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday to you. 

I'm not sure which was more impressive: watching the butterflies emerge or witnessing Timmy's reaction. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment