About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Screeching

My leg is squeaking. Not an occasional little squeak, but something akin to fingernails across a chalkboard. Each step emits a loud screech which lasts as long as the foot is weighted. It sounds like cicadas are being tortured as I walk around the house!

At first the screech was annoying. After several weeks, the annoyance has grown and has since morphed into aggravation. It has gotten to the point where I have to stay as still as possible when the boys are live streaming classes because of the unnerving sounds.

A de-laminated foot is the culprit of my cicada screaming foot. I am in the process of getting a new prosthesis, and I'm hoping that it happens sooner rather than later. In the meantime, I won't be sneaking up on anybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment