About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Early Hours

After staying up late and waking up obscenely early, I finally feel like I am back on track. Yesterday Timmy was content to play quietly, which was a welcome respite from the dance parties that have been monopolizing my kitchen. I love playing with him, but the constant dancing has become exhausting! 

Not only was my body happy for the rest, but I was able to concentrate and focus on my work. I continue to be amazed by my productivity when the house is quiet. I think I need to revert to my summer schedule. While I hate getting up so early, I appreciate the reduced stress that I feel when the bulk of my work is complete by lunch. 

I was hoping that the boys' schoolwork would settle into a comfortable (and independent) routine by now. Unfortunately, I was wrong. While Robby is fairly independent, he still requires help with some of his subjects. Timmy is independent during circle time, but I need to sit next to him when he is working on his academics.

After waking up early today, I think I will be able to unplug for a few hours this afternoon.Today is going to be gorgeous, and I think that we could all use some fresh air and sunshine.  Fingers crossed that I can convince Robby to join us for a trip to the farm. Soon we will be stuck indoors because of the cold, so I want to take full advantage of the crisp weather opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment