About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Red Tape

I am anxiously waiting to hear about when we can begin the process for my new leg. I am feeling increasingly uncomfortable through the day, which is making for miserable nights. I've learned that whenever my leg hurts during my daily activities, there is a strong chance I'll be feeling nerve issues at night. Yesterday was no exception.

I finally received an appropriate prescription, so I am just waiting for final approval from the insurance carrier. Sounds easy enough, yet I know that this stage can last for a frustratingly long time. It is infuriating to know that my future comfort is in the hands of somebody who doesn't know me, somebody who is compensated by the employer for casting denials and saving money. 

I've been told to remain patient, but after sleepless nights and painful days, it is a difficult task. I'm tired of feeling uncomfortable when I know what comfort is possible. I have said it before, but it is worth repeating. I am more disabled by the insurance red tape than I am by the loss of my limb.


No comments:

Post a Comment