About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, March 08, 2022

Birthday Fun

The boys' interests in our birthdays ebbs and flows. Some years they are all in and invest a lot of time into creating a special celebration. Other years it feels as if they only participate for the cake. This year they were determined to make Scott's birthday special.

Timmy and Robby worked in the computer room, thoroughly Spring Cleaning the entire area. This is a task that has been overlooked for several years. Because the room is only used for Scott's video games, I refuse to clean it. I worried that the boys bit off more than they could chew with their idea, but I figured that even half-clean was better than nothing. 

They worked for several hours, but the space has been transformed. It is lighter, cleaner and smells better. Scott was thrilled with the results and delighted by their efforts.

After the big room reveal, he unwrapped my present (a new camera) and tinkered with it until dinner. We had a nice meal and enjoyed a delicious cake. I puttered around the house while he went to play a video game in his newly cleaned room. In spite of being a Monday, I think he had a nice birthday.




No comments:

Post a Comment