About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Hole

 It is chilly but the sun is shining so I am counting it as a win. After hiding from the rain much of yesterday it will be nice to again play outside. Both Friend and Timmy have become accustomed to our lengthy recesses. When the playtime is limited, both tend to become mischievous. Friend shredded two cardboard boxes while Timmy opted to "help clean," which is code for playing in the sink. 

I'm looking forward to surveying the yard to assess the storm damage. The high winds and heavy rain brought have several branches down with several striking the house. Branches hitting the house has become commonplace and usually we don't give it much thought. Unfortunately, this branch struck at an unlucky angle and punched a small hole in our roof. 

Water started dripping into the middle of our bedroom, alerting us to the problem. We ended up putting a pitcher in a box to catch the dripping, but I know that we are going to need a new roof. Hopefully insurance will cover the damage, although I'm not terribly optimistic. After my experiences with my adjuster, I have lost all faith in the insurance industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment