About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, March 11, 2022

Nuclear Fears

Even though this week has been been rather uneventful I feel drained and depleted. I am trying to disengage from the situation in Ukraine but I must admit that I am struggling. I feel drawn to the coverage, even though I know it isn't good for me. Although the news is no longer constantly streaming, I am staying connected enough to trip my anxiety. 

Although I haven't been able to make a clean break for myself, I have been able to keep Timmy away from the news. He seems secure knowing that we have our "safe corner" set up in the basement. His nuclear fears have faded and his little life is returning to normal.I wish I could follow his lead!

Whenever I think about the war I feel scared and utterly helpless. I have a newfound reverence for my friends who are military spouses. I honestly do not know how they manage to get through "Breaking News" alerts with their sanity!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment