About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, March 07, 2022

Distractions

Because of his growing fears, I vowed to avoid watching or discussing the news in the presence of Timmy. I was marginally successful in my goal. The weather was absolutely gorgeous which allowed us to spend a lot of time playing in the fresh air. The distractions of sunshine, bicycles and scooters were enough to push away his anxiety.

The weather is again beautiful today. Despite being disappointed that we didn't have a mammoth snowstorm, even I have to admit that the Spring temperatures feel fantastic. I suspect that our school day will be filled with some extra long recesses. 

This evening, the focus will be on Scott. Today is his birthday, and the boys are hoping to make it especially special. I can't post the plans yet, but stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment